After Christmas, Italians anxiously look forward to the only lengthy break before their long-awaited summer holidays: the very long weekend from 25 April to 1 May.
Laden with history and totally Italian tradition, this holiday period provides an opportunity for spending a few days visiting our magnificent country. Milan is a decidedly unusual destination for a holiday but this spring the city promises to amaze you with its mild climate and the artistic attractions it offers.
Your holiday in Milan for the long break from 25 April to 1 May 2013 will prove to be fun and interesting as never before:
• At Palazzo Reale, the “Modigliani, Soutine e gli artisti maledetti” exhibition – 120 works on show to go back over the lives, the excessive behaviour and the emotions of famous artists who lived in Paris during the first decades of the 20th century: Modigliani, Soutine, Utrillo, Suzanne Valadon, Kisling to mention but a few
• At the Spazio Oberdan “Paris en liberté”, puts on show over 200 photographic works by Robert Doisneau taken in Paris during the last century
• Visit the Gallerie d’Italia in Piazza Scala 6 – 8300 sq. m of museum space containing major works from the 19th and 20th centuries; the Galleries were opened only two years ago to show the private art collections owned by the Banca Intesa San Paolo
• At the Museo del Novecento, “Andy Warhol's Stardust”- is a good opportunity to see the originals of the most famous works of the undisputed king of pop art
But a holiday is only perfect if the place where you stay to rest and revitalise yourself is perfect: stay at the Enterprise Hotel for this long holiday, for you an exceptional 30% discount is offered for the first to book:
• 79.00 Euro for a double room
• Free parking.
• Free WI-FI connection
• 2 public transport tickets included in the price
Then if Milan is not all you want to see, our advice is to spend one or two days visiting places near the capital of Lombardia:
• Lake Como is only 45 km from the city
• Lake Maggiore is 65 km away
• Lake d’Iseo is 70 km away
• Lake Garda is 100 km away
In the springtime the Italian lakes offer uniquely spectacular scenery, and combined with the uncommonly brilliant cultural attractions of Milan in this period, they will be able to guarantee that you enjoy a truly unique holiday.