SAN SIRO STADIUM
In 1925 Piero Pirelli, the A.C. Milan President, decide to build a football stadium in Milan located nearby the hippodrome. The stadium was built to hold Milan AC matches but soon, from 1947 – 1948 season, it became the football ground for Inter FC too. The stadium was named to the memory of Giuseppe Meazza.
During the world championship in 1990, the Milan municipality began a strong renewal of San Siro stadium. A futurist architectural project was inaugurated including the 3rd ring building and the covering of all the seated seats. Only the play ground stays outdoors in order to guarantee climatic condition and lighting as natural as possible.
Nowadays San Siro stadium holds the well know San Siro museum.
A.C. MILAN TEAM – A “RED& DARK” HISTORY
Its first head office was located at the “ Fiaschetteria Toscana” ‘s in Berchet street in Milan in 1899. Since then, the glorious story of A.C. Milan team has been started. Nowadays the A.C. Milan team is one of the biggest and most well-known football team all around the world. A.C. Milan history is almost legend, as such as legendary are the men who made its history: Alfred Edwards, Silvio Berlusconi, Arrigo Sacchi, Fabio Capello e Carlo Ancelotti. Starting from this season the new AC Milan coach is Leonardo.
F.C. INTER TEAM – “BLUE&DARK” HISTORY
The 9th of March 1908, a group of dissidents from Milan cricket and football club established a new company.
The Football Club International of Milan was born.
The founding members were: Giorgio Muggiani, Boschard, Lana, Bertolini, Fernando De Osma, Enrico, Carlo e Arturo Hinterman, Pietro Dell'Oro, Ugo e Hans Rietman, Voelkel, Maner, Wipf e Carlo Ardussi.
The first president was Giovanni Paramitiotti while the painter Muggiani is the secretary and makes the logo.
During the Fascism the name change to “ società sportivA Ambrosiana” from Saint Ambrogio, the patron of Milan.